Healthy, light and quick to prepare. Serve with roasted potatoes or rice and a veggie side dish or salad.
Preparation time: approx. 5mins. Cook time: 5 mins.
1-2 skinless filets per person (depends on size). Suggested types of fish: red snapper, ocean perch, sole.
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons butter
1/3 cup flour
2 tablespoons finely chopped basil or 1 tablespoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon salt
pepper to taste
1. Mix into broad shallow plate/bowl : flour, bread crumbs, basil, pepper, salt & pepper.
3. Add olive oil and butter.
4. One at a time, coat filets with flour mixture.
5. Place filets into heated and oiled pan and cook for approx. 2 minutes each side, depending on thickness.
6. Fish is done when it flakes apart and has no transparency. Becareful not to over-cook or fish will become dry.
Submitted by: Parent in Progress